Tall racks, millions of piled products, and forklifts rolling about to collect shipments are all common sights in warehouses. The cherry picker is a device that can be seen in many workplaces. The word “cherry picker” refers to a warehouse truck that can reach high places. It’s a hydraulic crane with a station at the end that allows people to be raised and lowered. A cherry picker operator in a facility is responsible for setting up the motorized lift easily and securely. Their main task is to pull merchandise depending on customer requests. Fulfilling requests, restocking resources, and preparing orders for dispatch are all common daily tasks. Hydraulics are used to elevate a platform or container into the air on these vehicles. Workers who stand atop this elevator can then perform their tasks at considerable heights. These lifts come in a variety of forms, including scissor lifts, boom lifts, and vertical mast lifts, all of which have varied altitudes and can reach heights of more than 100 feet. Despite their height, cherry picker operators can effortlessly travel the extensive shelving present in facilities and insert or pull merchandise.
Cherry Picker Job Titles:
- Cherry Picker
- Cherry Picker Operator
Cherry Picker Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a cherry picker operator for our firm who should have enough experience in a similar field. You will utilize a Cherry Picker forklift to lift and move cargo and transport products across the facility as a Cherry Picker Operator. You must be prepared to operate on the warehouse floor for at least 8 hours per day and up to 16 hours per day. To move stuff and store it properly, you’ll need to employ gear. To guarantee that all items are received correctly, you must review order processing platforms regularly. To identify and pick goods through the distribution center, you should use order pickers, reach trucks, and scanning machine technologies.
Cherry Picker Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- As needed, acquire, store, choose, and stage customer requests.
- Daily, follow the lead and executive team’s instructions.
- As required and as skills allow, operate mechanically or propelled equipment.
- As needed, load and unload tow trucks and direct trucks.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment in all premises and work locations.
- Support other teammates as required.
- As required, activate the garbage disposal or other waste disposal machines.
- Outbound items are staged, incorporating furniture pads or other security gear as required.
- Assemble minor components of the product or package as required. Will necessitate the use of basic hand tools.
- To transfer product all through the facility, utilize a cherry picker, a sit-down forklift, or a stand-up forklift.
- Goods will be stored or staged in preparation for delivery.
- Collaborate successfully with coworkers and managers.
Cherry Picker Job Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of expertise in a similar role
- Self-motivated and eager to work as part of a team.
- Experience with white-glove services is a plus.
- Working in an incredibly quick, customer-service-focused environment is a plus.
- Expertise with Power Equipment
- Working any shift, along with some weekends, is a must.
- Basic hand tool expertise is a bonus.