Chevron not only creates and provides inexpensive, consistent, and green energy, but it also uses cutting-edge technology to improve core business and find new ways to determine the course of energy. People were regarded as the company’s most valuable resource, and they were always at the center of the energy discourse. Petrochemical operators are crucial in the transformation of raw materials into usable products. They can detect and fix problems in a refinery facility, making them critical to the plant’s security and well-being. In factories that hold and filter crude oil, this is most typically done by converting natural gas or petroleum into specific products. To assure that existing production requirements are met and maintained, refinery operators respond to plant management staff and engage with other refinery partners, suppliers, and stakeholders. Refinery operators’ main duties include tracking the flow and pressure of processes and adapting gauge set up as required, operating specialized equipment to convert raw materials into finished products, such as crude oil into gasoline, gathering plant production targets, recognizing and fixing equipment glitches, and hiring new staff in refineries.
Chevron Refinery Operator Job Titles:
- Chevron Refinery Operator
- Refinery Operator
- Plant Operator
Chevron Refinery Operator Job Summary:
We are looking to hire an experienced field specialist for our firm. This role is in charge of overseeing and optimizing all process design factors, as well as assuring that all production process is running at peak performance and reliability, as well as collecting and storing information. The job entails fully promoting health, atmosphere, and safety processes by performing daily activities following regulatory requirements and policies, performing duties in an environmentally responsible manner, adhering to safe working practices as outlined in the MCBU Safe Practice Manual, sustaining a safe workplace, and being positioned to react to an environmental or security event. You’ll be responsible for operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining oil and gas production machinery. You must ensure that all work meets Chevron’s Operational Excellence criteria as well as regulatory standards.
Chevron Refinery Operator Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- To follow the normal operating protocols and maximize plant efficiencies, handle processing facilities, and log gear checks.
- To control product flow, control valves, blowers, pumps, and ancillary equipment.
- By cooperating with the facility manager, you can ensure that the crushing plant runs smoothly.
- Through distillation, absorbance, extraction, hydrocracking, esterification, coking, and alkylation analyze requirements and regulate petroleum refinery and process unit activities to generate lubricating oils and energy.
- The Chemical and color qualities of liquids and gases should be tested.
- Examine and adjust the controls for the dampers, burners, and heaters.
Chevron Refinery Operator Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Degree in petroleum or process technology
- Minimum 7 years of experience in oil and gas or petrochemical industries
- A detailed understanding of the numerous methods and systems associated with crude petroleum distillation.
- a good understanding of how to operate refining equipment and the safety rules that apply to it
- Ability to assess the system’s effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements
- Good decision-making abilities and mental foresight
- Working in harsh temperatures and physically demanding situations is a must.
- Able to recognize abnormal machine activities and take fast action to correct it