Computer network architects are those who are interested in developing communications systems and are attracted by the computing world. They are in charge of drawing up designs and laying up the data transmission network. They should have a thorough understanding of the company’s activities to construct a network that meets the company’s needs. Network engineers and computer network designers are two terms for the same thing. They are in charge of developing models that forecast future network patterns. Their responsibilities include forecasting growth and assessing present data traffic. They keep up with new hardware & system innovations and evaluate how technology might help increase the performance of the network. The security of a company is entrusted to computer network designers. They apply security updates and other precautions as needed. They can work in a variety of areas, including finance and insurance, computer network design and service providers, education, and telecommunications.
Computer Network Architect Job Titles:
- Computer Network Architect
- Network Architect
- Cloud Network Architect
- Network Data Admin Architect
Computer Network Architect Job Summary:
A computer network architect with a degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or a similar field is needed. Network Security Architect with more than 5 years of expertise developing network security mechanisms. Working in a team to build network security measures and aid with firewall location, creating firewall policy and initial settings, and installing Gigamon Network devices to tap data and mirror it to machine learning devices are all part of the job description. All security devices must work with MTA SSO settings, and all logs must be sent to Splunk Appliances. Team up with the security and risk staff to ensure that security best practices, such as logging and authorized access control, are followed.
Computer Network Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create a data communications system strategy and layout
- Introduce a plan and justify why it should be followed
- When formulating a strategy, consider information security in mind
- Select the routers, adapters, and network components that are required.
- Determine how the cables will be laid out and where additional gear will be installed.
- Investigate innovative technology to meet the company’s future requirements.
- Create new computer networks, set up components, and resolve any problems that arise.
- Keep monitoring network services
- Oversee the construction and execution of a computer network system
- Upgrade current network components
- Install new routers, switches, and software to enhance the system’s performance
Computer Network Architect Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, information system or a related field
- Must possess a minimum of 6 years of experience in the similar field
- Excellent customer service focus, coupled with a demonstrated ability to favorably engage with customers at all levels in the organization
- Ability to fulfill deadlines in a fast-paced workplace
- Analytical thinking and detail-oriented
- Apply troubleshooting skills
- Project management skill
- Demonstrate strong work habits and technical competence, as well as the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Lead a worldwide team of network administrators in the development and delivery of future-state, flexible, and next-generation design that meets or exceeds specified service levels, with an emphasis on service efficiency and continuous improvement.