Dental laboratory technicians make and maintain fixed and detachable dental prostheses and implants as directed by dentists. They create wax models from dental imprints, fabricate metal and non-metal dental substitutes, and polish dental equipment before final insertion. They must have both technical and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with dentists, orthodontists, and other dental lab workers. Dental lab technicians should have the good physical ability that permits them to manipulate hand tools for long periods. Many of the devices are smaller, and carving complex details into a dental appliance takes patience. Create and repair tooth appliances, create crowns and bridges, partial and full dentures, dental implants, mouthguards, orthodontics, and other dental devices, employs common dental lab devices such as porcelain ovens and furnaces, pinning hardware, and lathes, and employ widespread computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing application.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Titles:
- Dental Laboratory Technician
- Dental Technician
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Summary:
We’re looking for a chemical operator with a strong background in chemical methods and mechanics. We’re looking for a skilled dental laboratory technician to help us create dental prosthetics and equipment for our patients. Filling contracts from our dentists, making wax replicas from tooth imprints, and creating high-quality tooth prostheses and equipment will all be part of your responsibilities. Modeling, sculpting, cleaning, wire twisting, ceramic work, and casting are all talents you’ll need to deal with a variety of materials like plastic, ceramic, wax, and metals. You should have an excellent understanding of dental techniques and expertise in a similar capacity to be successful as a dental laboratory technician. A leading dental laboratory technician will produce dental substitutes that are extremely functional, secure, and aesthetically beautiful.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Crowns, permanent and detachable bridges, dentures, and dental implants are all options for replacing or substituting natural teeth.
- Dental prostheses for implantology and maxillofacial surgeries are created.
- Obtaining real dental impression molds or electronic replicas from dental practices, as well as reviewing dentist guidelines.
- Using acceptable mold materials to encase wax copies of dental imprints
- Using plastic, metal, or ceramic materials instead of wax to create prostheses and gadgets.
- Before implantation by dentists, cleaning and completing dental prostheses and equipment.
- Before final placement, dental prostheses and implants are adjusted.
- Handling supply stocks, routine equipment and facilities, and repair facilitation.
- Processes must be documented, and industry norms and safety requirements must be followed.
- Keeping up with the latest developments in dental laboratory tools and approaches.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Skills and Qualification:
- A certified dental laboratory technology program
- A certified dental technician is required
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of dental prosthetics, gadgets, and related technology.
- Proven expertise in dental device construction, replacement, repair, and restoration.
- Computer-aided manufacturing systems for dental laboratories, such as 3 Shape and Delfin Dental, are required.
- Manual agility and accuracy are outstanding.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.