Electrical & instrumentation technician delivers mill-wide electrical engineering services for AC/DC electrical items such as power generation, transmission, drives, breakers, converters, PLC controls, and other related items. To enhance productivity during processes, an instrument and electrical technician inspects the efficiency and stability of all processing and manufacturing gear. The technicians carry out quality assurance measures for the operations to provide high-quality outputs that satisfy customers. They also undertake routine maintenance, debugging and fixes, and the replacement of faulty products as needed. To address system discrepancies and avoid operating disruptions, they must have great organizational and technical skills.
Electrical and Instrument Technician Job Titles:
- Instrument Technician
- Electrical and Instrument Technician
Electrical and Instrument Technician Job Summary:
We are looking to hire an electrical and instrument technician for our firm and he must possess enough skill and expertise to perform the job effectively. Electrical power connections and devices must be installed and maintained. Control and automation technologies, electrical and pneumatic devices utilized in pipeline operations, compressor stations, pump stations, plant operations, and monitoring facilities should all be kept in good working order. Installing, examining, repairing, maintaining, debugging, fixing, and adjusting different mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic gear are among the responsibilities. Along with submitting the necessary paperwork related to the responsibilities. As required, you are in charge of the basic maintenance and upgrades of all tools and amenities.
Electrical and Instrument Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnoses problems with gauges and other test equipment, and disassembles, repairs, and reassembles components of the system with mechanic hand tools.
- Manage the CMMS database and equipment calibration paperwork.
- Operate technology and digital packages for electrical and instrumentation systems engineering, alteration, deployment, and calibration.
- Performs work that necessitates a detailed understanding of instrument usage, functioning, and electrical and mechanical concepts used in repair, inspection, and validation.
- Industrial instrumentation equipment upkeep and calibration, electrical power transmission and surveillance systems, VFD drives, and motor coordination
- Preventive and corrective maintenance is done, including calibration, data collection, diagnostic and testing devices, and software management systems.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions and find the root cause.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of minor and significant closures.
- Support the creation of the plant mechanical integrity program and its continuous improvements.
- Must be acquainted with the construction of a VFD and be able to diagnose and correct failures.
Electrical and Instrument Technician Job Skills and Qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- It may be necessary to get and maintain certificates needed to execute work tasks.
- Configuration, calibration, and maintenance of instruments
- Must be able to consistently work lengthy hours.
- Has to be able to work in different weather conditions.
- Capacity to climb stairs, ladders, and walk large distances during the daytime
- Ability to operate as part of a team, follow supervisory instructions, adhere to working time, pay attention to details, and obey work standards
- Displays cunning and the ability to go to the next level.