Accepting client calls, sorting goods, reloading the vehicle, recovering products, getting signatures, and maintaining the vehicle neat and in outstanding condition are all responsibilities of FedEx delivery drivers. FedEx delivery driver tasks also include assuring that items are delivered on time, taking into account location data such as time and position. To help them accelerate delivery, FedEx delivery drivers must have outstanding communication skills and be able to interact with clients promptly and professionally. They must have a solid understanding of the route to identify the client’s location quickly. The drivers are also in charge of connecting with clients via phone and email, particularly concerning delivery dates and notifications of previous or upcoming shipments. They should also be able to inspect, gather, and despatch courier parcels, as well as organize them in a logical order. If traffic is expected, the delivery driver should be able to prepare an alternate route so that deliveries are not delayed needlessly. The delivery driver should be knowledgeable about the federal and state legislation that governs the transportation of products.
FedEx Delivery Driver Job Titles:
- FedEx Delivery Driver
- Delivery Driver
FedEx Delivery Driver Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a FedEx delivery driver who holds a valid license and has enough expertise in performing the task in a similar field. Because client contact is necessary, a neat presence is needed. The criteria listed in the federal motor carrier safety laws must be met and maintained. You should be able to stand for lengthy periods and lift goods weighing up to 50 pounds is required. You must be willing to work long hours if the supervisor or manager requests it. You should also be capable of following supervisors’ or managers’ commands and directions.
FedEx Delivery Driver Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver things of various types and sizes to numerous places using the most efficient routes.
- Load and unload products into client’s automobiles from trucks or trailers.
- At the destination, unload items from clients’ vehicles.
- Charges for deliveries are collected.
- Keep track of departure times and destinations.
- Perform route checks to verify that all shipments are made on schedule and following the rules.
- Assure that all items are transported to clients in a safe, secure, and timely manner.
- Evaluate if delivery has any concerns before it leaves the plant.
- Check to see if a shipment was destroyed, stolen, or misplaced.
- Keep track of all shipments made by the business.
- Any difficulties that develop during delivery should be followed upon.
FedEx Delivery Driver Job Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of expertise in a similar role
- Must be 18 years old
- There must be no criminal convictions on your record.
- A strong credit record is required.
- Good eyesight, health, and physical shape are required.
- Should be willing to work in an enclosed setting and drive a standard-sized truck.
- When operating on the dock, you must be comfortable wearing safety shoes.
- The ability to transport goods from one place to another is required.