A floor supervisor is a member of staff engaged by hospitality and retail organizations who ensures that clients have an excellent experience by checking the sanitation of the guest area. A floor supervisor works with management to assign cleaning crews and hire new staff to maintain cleanliness. A floor supervisor needs to know how to make reservations, check clients in, and handle complaints. The upkeep of guestrooms is ultimately the task of the floor housemaids. Three or more floors are allocated to each floor cleaner. The floor master keys and room allocations are given by the supervisor to the room attendants, who hand them back at the end of the day. The floor supervisor regularly inspects the physical state of each room on the floor and checks, monitors, and verifies the job of the attendants.
Floor Supervisor Job Titles:
- Floor Supervisor
Floor Supervisor Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a floor supervisor for our organization. The Housekeeping Floor Supervisor is in charge of overseeing the daily operations of the division, guaranteeing great customer service and compliance with the division’s needs and standards. This position will benefit the organization by acting as a proactive business associate and promoting the purpose, vision, objectives, and values of the organization. You must carefully examine the designated areas to give management and staff members comments on how well they are being kept clean and up to norms. Room Attendants, Public Area Attendants, and House Attendants should all receive oversight, mentoring, and training from you.
Floor Supervisor Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accountable for the allocated floor’s smooth functioning.
- Accountable for the floor lads’ conduct.
- Overseeing the room attendants
- Coordinates and streamlines the creation of rooms.
- Thorough cleaning chores and room allocation to staff members each day.
- Accountable for the floor heart of the house, hallways, and guest rooms’ sanitation.
- Examines the occupied and departing rooms, paying close attention to any demands of the guests.
- Guarantees that everything is done following the established requirements
- Handle visitor requests, particularly those for VIP amenities, and inform the appropriate staff members of them.
- Regular checking of guest rooms to make sure they adhere to standards.
- be familiar with all room types and features.
- Respond to visitor inquiries in a fast and effective manner with favorable results.
- Follow lost-and-found protocol.
- Inform the maintenance team of any problems.
- Provide the housekeeping supervisor with the necessary training.
- Promote the team’s needs to other hotel guests.
- Respect all safety and health regulations and hotel fire and security rules.
- Where assistance is required, aid other divisions and keep positive working relations.
Floor Supervisor Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Experience in working full-time for at least three years, especially with some supervising experience
- A track record of success in a comparable position with a prestigious company.
- The capacity to interact with customers
- To always offer a welcoming, considerate, and competent service,
- Possess strong reading, writing, and speaking English communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations