Food packers are in charge of organizing and wrapping food and beverage goods for sale and delivery. Food packers labor on a production line most of the time. Physical work is provided by a food packer who moves items to storage facilities using adequate material handling equipment and stacks and stores the goods effectively. They are in charge of properly creating food containers and packing them before sending them to the manufacturing line. They quickly and efficiently place foods and drinks in suitable containers. Before transporting the box to the shop, double-check its integrity and hygiene. They secure the box in such a way that it cannot be removed during transit. Food packers identify the boxes with product details and weight labels. They arrange boxes in such a way that carriers can load them swiftly onto vehicles.
Food Packer Job Titles:
- Food Packer
Food Packer Job Summary:
For the position of Food Packer, our organization is searching for motivated and upbeat teammates. Our company has grown to be one of the most well-known and dependable food service providers in the country. Offering a full range of cuisine services with an emphasis on the finest quality and latest ingredients Compile and complete orders for shipment, receive orders into the storage, verify volume and type of goods, keep accurate physical inventories, and report any areas of concern to administration are all part of the job. Lift, or otherwise move things weighing up to 50 pounds on a routine basis, as well as walk, bend, extend, and grip while filling trays with foodstuffs, stocking goods, and adhering to all AVI rules and procedures.
Food Packer Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- A huge refrigerator will be used for the majority of the job.
- Prepare food following regular orders.
- Each of the food components should be packaged individually and into meal kits daily.
- Chopping, cutting, and mincing veggies, fruits, and herbs for cold food preparation
- Ingredients should be portioned into separate food containers.
- Arrange the ingredients for a weekly dish into a regular mailing box with care.
- Packed products should be labeled, constructed, and organized.
- Ensuring the hygiene of production equipment
- Items are selected and wrapped for shipment.
- Will be aiding in the preparation of food kits for individuals.
- Due to business needs, overtime and holidays are essential.
- Food products are arranged into containers and delivered across the area.
- To enhance productivity, work as part of a group.
- Compile purchase orders in readiness for collection.
- Observe all of Management’s directions.
- Manage purchases following each client’s specifications.
- Ascertain that each item is produced as per requirements.
Food Packer Job Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of expertise in a similar role
- Any extra orders or requirements should be communicated properly.
- Have patience and be a good listener.
- Provide superior, individualized service.
- Treat clients and teammates with respect and kindness.
- Performs well and swiftly under pressure.
- Notify food safety standards issues to employees with the power to take action.
- Offloading vehicles in the morning and aiding in filling delivery vehicles during the day Competencies
- Modify production rates in the software system
- Computer and data entry skills are required.
Food Packer Salary
On average, food packers make $11.86 an hour. The median salary for food packers is $23,000 a year. The top 10% of earners make more than $31,000 a year. The bottom 10% of earners make less than $18,000 a year.