In healthcare settings, a food service helper cooks and serves a considerable amount of food. They work in a variety of settings, including clinics, schools, restaurants, and nursing homes. Preparing and distributing food to consumers or residents is one of their responsibilities. They also have a range of duties, such as meal planning, food storage, stock and supply management, and record-keeping. They maintain the kitchen and serving area, as well as the checkouts, making sure that proper sanitation protocols are followed. In the foodservice sector, the food helper ensures that the facility operates smoothly. They must create menus to fulfill nutritional demands, particularly in a nursing facility or a school. They make sure that all of the food is fresh and of great quality. As a food assistant, they must be able to help with the preparation and delivery of all items on the menu to clients, providing excellent service to all customers, serving people and cashing up toward the end of the offering, keeping the kitchen and service place clean, and adhering to all health and safety laws.
Food Service Assistant Job Titles:
- Food Service Assistant
Food Service Assistant Job Summary:
We’re seeking a high school diploma or GED holder to work as a food service helper. We’re delighted to provide numerous possibilities for development and promotion to our approximately 50,000 Sanford Members of the family who are committed to the mission of holistic healing across our vast presence. Among the commitments include observation and tracking the ideal temperature of food, establishing up to maintain a clean and sanitized serving space, cook and serve food items, stocking shelves, cleaning and sanitizing devices, and taking money for foods and drinks using a computerized register, among others. Needs to comply with the risk assessment and important control area. Provides excellent customer service and interacts closely with clients and colleagues. Illustrates the ability to build positive working relationships. When required, can work autonomously. Has a working knowledge of food handling procedures. Shows the ability to travel long distances and be on their feet for most of the day.
Food Service Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare meals as per instructions
- Create menus based on dietary needs
- Ensure that the meal items are properly put on dishes by preparing and assembling servings as per the menu.
- Ensure that food is appropriately rotated in-store by preserving it properly.
- Discard expired food and supplies
- Set plates and foodstuffs neatly on tables and trays
- Follow sanitary requirements to keep the kitchen clean
- Deliver food to the proper individual
- Set up eating spaces for lunchtimes
Food Service Assistant Skills and Qualification:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in the similar field
- Strong understanding of supply, gear, and stock control
- Able to comprehend and implement safety regulations
- Able to properly use clean equipment and materials
- Able to move large objects
- Have the capacity to read, interpret, and follow spoken and written instructions Basic math skills are required.