The gas station attendant serves customers by pumping gas, doing car repairs, collecting payment, and keeping the premises clean. They operate largely outside in the service station lot, however, they may be expected to travel to other outlets in the area to assist with staffing stations that are low on staff. To run a successful petrol station, attendants are required in large numbers. Opening and shutting the business, purchasing retail food items, as well as gasoline, and keeping the premises clean are all basic duties. They should be willing to work on all major or minor holidays. Other obligations include overseeing the sale of fuel and retail products, checking expiry dates, charging for cash, providing change, initiating fuel system upon payout from a consumer, tracking lotto ticket sales following applicable laws, filling fuel tanks upon request, cleaning windshields upon request, and addressing any quirks.
Gas Station Attendant Job Titles:
- Gas Station Attendant
- Gas Attendant
- Gas Assistant
Gas Station Attendant Job Summary:
We’re seeking a petrol station attendant with high school graduation and previous experience working in a petrol station. Our gas station employees are the backbone of our businesses. They are in charge of all items purchased within the station when clients arrive, as well as maintaining the station neat and clean from inside and outside. Depending on the requirements of your business, you may also be requested to help in many other ways. To aid with billing choices, create membership levels, motivate subscriptions, interact with bank card program types and applications, and promote the importance of Sam’s Club offerings, interacts and describes membership kinds, programs, and rewards to present and project members. While ensuring a safe retail experience, serves the customers by greeting the member, understanding member requirements, aiding with buying habits, identifying goods, solving member concerns and complaints, and marketing products.
Gas Station Attendant Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect payment from people at a petrol station
- Deliver change
- Fill up an oil tank if requested
- Distribute lotto tickets
- Accumulate and try to get rid of waste outside
- Offer invoices to customers
- Charge purchases to consumer credit cards
- Clear away gas spills with a neutralizing agent and rid of material appropriately
- Notify managers about damaged equipment
- Check all gear daily
- Take a regular gas sample and evaluate nozzle flow time frequently
- Rectify fuel inventories on daily
- Use the web tool to look into competitive rates in your region.
- Keep an eye on gas and clean additive supplies.
- Using the hand pump, pour additive into the subsurface tank before gasoline delivery.
Gas Station Attendant Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Must have at least 1 year of working knowledge
- Should be at least 18 years old
- Should be qualified to work in the state
- Fit and healthy to lift heavy loads
- Superior client skill
- Sales skill
- Attention to detail
- Consistent, trustable, and should have effective communication skills