Service desk analysts are IT specialists that assist users with technical issues. They react to incoming requests for IT assistance and troubleshoot computer network difficulties. They take care of technical issues as well as software installation and upgrades. A service desk analyst’s job entails three procedures: ensuring that user requests and concerns are recorded, affirmed, and categorized for further handling; ensuring that various types of data are conveyed to users through proper channels; and making sure that two previous methods are improved through assessment, review, and reporting, as well as developing competence, exchanging ideas, and other organizational changes. They should have a strong understanding of how to evaluate and improve the performance of end-user IT software systems. They’ll look at how well end-user IT systems and software operate. They are responsible for analyzing the IT network efficiency, fixing IT equipment and software faults, and providing IT support to clients.
IT Service Desk Analyst Job Titles:
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- IT Help Desk Analyst
- Help Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Analyst Job Summary:
We’re seeking a qualified applicant with a background in computer science and information technology. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work with networks to analyze, diagnose, and resolve employee concerns, which can range from simple to complex tech problems. The ability to build, modify, and remove system access will be required of the successful applicant. This position also includes a variety of administrative responsibilities. Act as a central point of responsibility for executive and critical employees regarding IT concerns and enquires via phone, chat, and emails, respond as a contact person for creating, adjusting, and removing access to user staff on customer systems, ramp up unsettled calls to the infrastructure support service and retain end to end possession of the problem until settlement, and receive, log, and manage calls from internal teams via tethered phone calls.
IT Service Desk Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Download, setup, and configure the software to suit user needs
- Test and analyze IT teams and software efficiency
- Handle incoming client and employee IT queries online
- Ensure proper application, networking, and gear usage
- Test and upgrade new software
- Escalate complex IT support cases
- Maintain IT records, including network and user information
- Ensure computer network ideal performance
- Analyze the problem and establish appropriate software or hardware solutions
- cooperates with internal department to make sure IT demands are satisfied
- Make recommendations to optimize IT efficiency and prevent complications
- Manage service desk files by documenting the process.
IT Service Desk Analyst Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor degree in computer or IT
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in the similar field
- Outstanding time management skills
- Experience diagnosing desktop hardware and related peripherals
- Skilled in maneuvering accounts with various skill set requirements
- In-depth understanding of computer programs and hardware
- Competent in customer relationship management and task management solutions
- Learn about consumer goods and services and become educated about them.
- Exhibit great soft skills, such as active listening and empathy for the customer’s position.