A laboratory technician is a specialist who is engaged in all aspects of lab work, from data collection to equipment maintenance. They’re in charge of a variety of activities that must adhere to tight norms and regulations, such as ensuring research performance and reliability while maintaining labs organized. In a laboratory, laboratory technicians aid scientists and engineers with a variety of tests and studies. They perform routine processes as well as one-time tasks, depending on the laboratory’s purpose. Depending on the type of task that the company that employs them excels in, they could assist in the development of new goods, the diagnosis of ailments, or the execution of physical or diagnostic tests. Laboratory technicians operate in a wide range of settings, including hospitals, manufacturing enterprises, and academic institutions. They are involved in a variety of sectors, including healthcare, biology, ecology, and technology. The responsibilities of a lab technician vary widely based on the setting and sector. A medical lab technician gathers specimens and runs tests on bodily secretions and tissue to aid physicians in diagnosis and treatment. Chemical, physiological, or biological studies on items may be performed by other lab technicians.
Lab Technician Job Titles:
- Lab Technician
- Laboratory Technician
Lab Technician Job Summary:
Our firm in the US is currently hiring a process operator. We’re seeking a careful lab technician who will be able to aid our laboratory personnel in optimizing tests and achieving trustworthy test findings. You’ll be working with sophisticated equipment to examine materials and chemicals, as well as conducting tests and reporting results to a laboratory manager. The best candidate will have prior experience working in potentially dangerous environments. To be effective as a lab technician, you must be meticulous in your work, keep meticulous records of laboratory operations, and prepare reports to send to the appropriate laboratory management. You’ll be well-trained in maintaining safe working conditions and enthusiastic about doing tasks that move things ahead.
Lab Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- When required, gather, receive, label, and analyze samples or substances with the appropriate diagnostic tools.
- Planning and carrying out laboratory tests following established procedures, documenting findings, and evaluating results.
- Keeping accurate records of all research data and test findings in the format required.
- Organize and store all chemical compounds, fluids, and gases following safety guidelines.
- Assuring that the laboratory’s safety rules are followed at all times.
- Keeping track of daily reports and gear records.
- Cleansing, sterilizing, repairing, and adjusting lab equipment are all tasks that must be completed.
- As required, ordering laboratory materials.
- When required, give technical assistance.
- Keeping abreast of current scientific and technological advancements.
Lab Technician Skills and Qualification:
- A degree in biology, chemistry is preferred
- Valid certification as a laboratory technician.
- Worked as a lab technician for at least a year.
- Working knowledge of electrical and non-electrical lab equipment is required.
- Possessing the ability to safely handle potentially hazardous material
- Understanding QHSE management software, preventative measures, and lab best practices are essential.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as database systems, is required.
- Required to function independently and under duress.
- Agility and hand-eye coordination are exceptional.
- Analytical abilities