Laundry attendants are in charge of washing, rinsing, folding, and storing garments and linen. They work in the health industry and are liable for washing sheets and towels, as well as clients’ personal belongings. They clean items like shirts and pants for laundry. They must be competent to oversee the facility’s operations and hygiene. To prevent dyes from spreading from one garment to the other, they organize the clothes by color first and arrange the pieces according to their material and texture. Any particular washing requirements should be communicated to laundry employees. They should know how to remove the stain using the optimum solution for each stain based on the type of discoloration and fabric characteristics. Putting and transferring clothing into and out of the washer and dryer are also essential steps for them to complete. They must be able to specify the timing, procedure, and fabric parameters for each load. They should be responsible for keeping track of who owns which piece.
Laundry Attendant Job Titles:
- Laundry Attendant
- Laundry Assistant
Laundry Attendant Job Summary:
We’re seeking someone with a high school diploma to work as a laundry attendant. As a Laundry Attendant, you will help the laundry crew in processing the resort’s linens and uniforms, making our guests and staff feel special. Among the responsibilities are run commercial laundry facilities as needed to assist in the washing of employee uniforms, including in-house and visitor laundry. Organize receiving linens and clothes, iron client apparel as needed, and handle ironers, folders, steamers, and other necessary equipment. Manual folding of different clothes, regular moving throughout the shift, repeated lifting and moving up to 50 lbs, ability to withstand extreme heat, continuos bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and occasional climbing up and going down ladders, stairways, and ramps are just a few of the other obligations. Time management skills and organizing skills. Very responsible and dependable. In a fast-paced atmosphere, and the ability to function successfully under pressure. Ability to work as part of a team cooperatively with minimal supervision.
Laundry Attendant Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Selecting, cleaning, drying, ironing, and stacking fabrics
- Using the right material to remove stains from clothes
- Assisting with minor sewing tasks
- Keeping track of who owns what.
- Maintain current stock of washing powder and sewing supplies.
- Keeping track of laundry gear maintenance and upgrades
- Maintain a clean environment at all times
- Update the washing lists documented daily
- Bag the washing item for collection or distribution
- Organize clothing in the closets according to specifications
Laundry Attendant Skills and Qualification:
- A diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related area
- Expertise with washing detergent and cleaning machine
- Expected to perform long hours and on weekend days if necessary
- Able to move heavy items
- Smart decision maker
- Motivated individual
- Fully trained in using laundry devices and maintaining the piece of device
- Must be punctual, dependable, and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities