The lead pharmacy technician, also known as a senior pharmacy technician, is in charge of providing the most comprehensive pharmaceutical services to cater to the requirements of all service recipients. The lead pharmacy technician will be responsible for ensuring secure and effective pharma treatment to patients, caregivers, specialists, and other multidisciplinary care units, as well as monitor pharma stock as per set principles and start contributing to and managing the pharmacy department’s procurement activities. They should be able to give feedback on the department’s demands and work well with other hospital workers. The senior pharmacy technician should be enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service and a desire to provide exceptional patient satisfaction. They also regulate, manage, and carry out skilled technical pharmacy support, as well as a professional and clerical pharmacy. They also assist medical staff in the preparation and registration of medicines for both inpatients and outpatients. Producing frequent intravenous treatments and admixtures, as well as maintaining and updating patients’ medical data, will be part of this job.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Job Titles:
- Lead Pharmacy Technician
- Senior Pharmacy Technician
Lead Pharmacy Technician Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a lead pharmacy technician who possesses enough skill and expertise to perform the job effectively. A lead pharmacy technician’s major role is to develop competence in all prescription medications provided by the pharmacy to provide advice, training, and support to the other technicians. The lead will also aid the pharmacy manager with work placement, mentoring, and tutoring while preserving patient service by conducting front-store related medication entry and client service efficiently and precisely, as well as making connections with associated MD offices and the sales force promoting the treatment. To be effective in this capacity, you must help with job scheduling to ensure that workflow is constant and that patient expectations are met, as well as mentor staff by responding to questions and giving advice on difficult or escalated topics.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and guide stock within the hospital’s divisions and services.
- Supervise the work of pharmacy technicians and give them instructions on how to do all dispensary, ward, and stock control tasks.
- Assist the on-duty pharmacist in ensuring the pharmacy’s effectiveness and safety in terms of drug distribution and sale.
- Collaborate with the pharmacist manager on clinic tech support concerns from across pharmacy divisions.
- Assist the pharmacy manager with the orientation, induction, recruitment, and training of pharmacy employees.
- Arrange and monitor complex admin-related pharmacy activities so that professional pharmacists can focus on their work.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Job Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Pharmacy technician certification is required
- Understanding of all technical duties
- Active MA Technician license
- A member of the general pharmaceutical council with excellent computer literacy skills and exceptional ability to read medical acronyms and terminology
- A remarkable understanding of the processes and concepts governing hospital pharmacies.
- In-depth experience offering first-hand customer care to clients in a healthcare setting.