Lyft operates in the US and Canada. They set specific requirements on the vehicle used by the drivers and they offer several different levels of service. Passengers request a ride through Smartphone app and lyft drivers accept the request, transporting passengers to the destination providing in the app. After the ride, a passenger makes the payment for the service through the app. This help driver to earn tips from the passengers and during peak hours the task allows passengers to earn more income. Passengers rate lyft drivers after each ride which helps the driver to earn more money through other rides. Multitasking is another skill a lyft driver should possess. The driver should interact with customers through the phone to confirm the pickup location. They should keep the vehicle well maintained to get a good rating from passengers.
Lyft Driver Job Summary:
Our organization is looking to hire service minded, independent and self-starters to join our driver’s community. As a driver, you must carry passengers to their destination in a safe manner. Driver responsibilities include attending phone calls, responding to passengers in a friendly manner, picking up passengers from the location shown in the app and dropping them safely in a timely manner. It is your duty to help to increase customer satisfaction making clients content to use our service. You have to regularly clean and maintain the vehicle and plan each route based on the road and traffic condition. It is the duty of a driver to collect the accurate fare from passengers after each ride.
The ideal candidate must possess strong customer communication, punctuality, and courteousness on and off the road.
Lyft Driver Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lyft drivers use their own vehicles to transport passengers who place an order through the app.
- Must possess safe driving skill by strictly following the safety rules and regulations of the country where you provide service
- Should manage routes using app technology
- Ensure passenger reaches their destination safely while creating customer satisfaction
- The vehicle should be cleaned regularly and should know how to perform minor repairs
- Must behave politely with customers and should have a neat and smart appearance
- Drive tourist to various destination and should have the knowledge to explain main tourist spots within the city
- Must properly follow the navigation direction from GPS
- Create a log and maintain proper documentation to track mileage, maintenance, and other expenses
Lyft Driver Skills and Qualification:
- Must hold proven experience as a cab driver
- Should have a valid driving license with a clean driving record
- Must be familiar with a GPS device
- Knowledgeable about various routes, roads, and short cuts
- Able to lift heavy luggage
- Require high school diploma/GED
- Must be 21 years of age
- Great time management skill and communication skill
- Available to work on weekend and night shifts
- Behave friendly and should have a professional appearance
- Able to remain calm while driving in bad weather condition and stuck with traffic
Lyft Driver Salary
Lyft drivers make $37.78 per hour, which is 75% more than the median wage in the United States. This makes Lyft a popular choice for many eager job seekers that want to work independently and set their own hours.