A laboratory technician is a specialist who is engaged in all aspects of lab work, from data collection to equipment maintenance. They’re in charge of a variety of activities that must adhere to tight norms and regulations, such as ensuring experiment performance and reliability while keeping labs organized. By doing ordinary technical chores and research, they assist laboratory-based scientific inquiries. Lab workers analyze specimens or substances using lab equipment, perform tests on those samples or substances, and comment on their findings. They are the foundation of a scientific research facility. Technicians operate nearly entirely in laboratories and may operate alone or as part of a team of scientists. They are capable of working in a wide range of scientific fields, including forensics, healthcare, and manufacturing. The work that laboratory technician does is primarily determined by the region in which they operate. They may be examining body fluids or tissues, performing blood tests, or inspecting cells if they work in a medical setting. They may be analyzing food and drink items to identify contaminants or assure the quality they serve for a food and beverage manufacturer.
Manufacturing Lab Technician Job Titles:
- Manufacturing Lab Technician
- Lab Technician
Manufacturing Lab Technician Job Summary:
We’re seeking a careful lab technician who will be responsible to assist our laboratory personnel in optimizing lab procedures and achieving trustworthy test findings. You’ll be working with sensitive equipment to examine materials and substances, as well as testing and reporting results to a laboratory manager. The ideal person will have prior experience working in potentially dangerous environments. You’ll be well-trained in maintaining safe working conditions and enthusiastic about doing work that moves things ahead.
Manufacturing Lab Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- When required, gathering, receiving, labeling, and analyzing samples or substances with the appropriate diagnostic equipment.
- Planning and carrying out laboratory tests following established procedures, documenting findings, and evaluating results.
- Keeping precise records of all experimental development and test findings in the format required
- Organize and store all chemical compounds, liquids, and compressed gases following safety guidelines.
- Assuring that the laboratory’s safety rules are followed at all times.
- Keeping track of daily records and device records.
- Cleansing, sterilizing, repairing, and calibrating lab equipment are all tasks that must be completed.
- As required, ordering laboratory equipment.
- When appropriate, give technical assistance.
- Keeping abreast of current scientific and technological advancements.
Manufacturing Lab Technician Job Skills and Qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry
- Valid certification as a laboratory technician.
- Worked as a lab technician for at least a year.
- Working knowledge of electrical and non-electrical lab equipment is required.
- Possessing the ability to safely handle potentially hazardous material
- Understanding QHSE management systems, preventative measures, and lab best practices are essential.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as database management systems, is required.
- Ability to operate independently and under duress.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination are exceptional.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Paying close attention to the smallest of details.
- Analytical abilities