The painter apprentice helps with a variety of jobs in the painting trades, such as putting undercoats and finishing coats with various tools and supplies. They blend and match paint, as well as power wash, prepare, and apply paint. They must work in both indoor and outdoor spaces and extreme weather conditions on occasion. They apply paint on the outside and inside of buildings, structures, and other objects. They should be able to choose the appropriate material for their task. A painter apprentice’s responsibilities include assisting journeyman painters, erecting the structure, cleaning workspaces and devices, softening the texture of articles to be painted with sanding and buffing tools and equipment, applying protective coatings such as mask tape to articles or regions that may be affected or stained during the workflow, remove items such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from the stripping tanks, repairing fractures or holes in the top of plaster objects or areas with putty or epoxy mixture.
Painter Apprentice Job Titles:
- Painter Apprentice
- Painter Helper
Painter Apprentice Job Summary:
We’re looking for an apprentice painter with a high school diploma or GED. The first two weeks as an intern at Painters USA will be spent studying from our skilled staff in a controlled atmosphere. A combination of academic and hands-on coaching would be provided. After you’ve completed your training, you’ll be placed on a team where you’ll be able to demonstrate what you’ve learned while continuing to study. Work securely following OSHA work safety practices, communicate effectively with the staff, clients, and distributors, work well under pressure surroundings, complete daily work tasks, understand core tools, and be ready to travel for weeks at a time if needed are all part of the job tasks.
Painter Apprentice Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist journeyman-level painters with correct surface treatment and material utilization on all interior and external surfaces.
- Assist painters with the coating process, proper coating techniques, and material selection.
- Assist master level painters with wood polishing and refinishing
- Mixing and applying coverings and appropriate material usage
- Assist with brush and roller coatings in liquid and oil-based materials
- Use, clean, and manage all painting tools, such as brushes, rollers, sprayers, and pumps.
- Store and identify all supplies in a secure environment.
- As needed, erect framework, rigging, and platforms in a responsible way.
- Working with other design and building specialists
- Maintaining the workstation and equipment clean
- Reading and understanding work orders and safety guidelines.
Painter Apprentice Skills and Qualification:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a minimum of 6 months of experience in the similar field
- The ability to conduct physical exercises is required.
- Must be able to twist, stand, climb, or walk
- Must be able to utilize both manual and hand tools
- Must be able to easily manage hazardous products
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Painting expertise in a home or business setting
- A thorough understanding of all essential health and safety regulations.
- Excellent planning and organization skills, as well as meticulous attention to detail.