Pastry helpers assist senior personnel and operate under the guidance of a pastry chef. They are in charge of a bakery’s day-to-day activities, including executing daily work, overseeing other staff in the absence of the confectioner, building cakes, making creams and garnishes, and producing icing decorations. They assist pastry chefs by performing the following tasks: stocking shelves, measuring ingredients, designing pastry, receiving payment from customers, and complying with food safety regulations. The job necessitates a wide range of abilities, including the ability to work in shifts and a static posture. Creating a friendly and enjoyable user experience at the bakery station, counseling clients on baked products selection and collecting orders, controlling the stock of baking materials and arranging stock purchases, keeping track of ingredient expiration dates and planning how to use them, keeping an eye on the appearance and accessibility of baked items on display, measuring, labeling, and packing purchased goods, as well as transferring funds, are all frequent responsibilities. Bakery attendants should have past knowledge of dealing with customers in a retail context as well as a customer-focused attitude.
Pastry Helper Job Titles:
- Pastry Helper
- Pastry Assistant
Pastry Helper Job Summary:
We’re seeking a pastry helper to join our group and have expertise in a similar field. Helping in all areas of planning, buying, stock, and preparing food is part of the job. You will be responsible for enabling the overall performance of the food program and managing culinary duties as an Assistant Pastry Chef. The Assistant Pastry Chef also inspires, educates, promotes, and supervises back-of-house colleagues who prepare and cook items to meet the agency’s goals and enhance customer satisfaction, partners, and administration. The responsibilities of the job include: Helps in organizing and engaging in the cooking process of different foods, helps in meal prep and creation, launches new culinary programs in collaboration with the sales and gourmet teams, and supports in controlling costs and expenditure management.
Pastry Helper Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Executive Chef with pastry prep, execution, and display.
- Corrections, upkeep, and faults of kitchen and warehouse equipment should be reported to the Pastry Chef.
- Food deterioration should be recorded and communicated to chefs
- Make a market list based on the daily food deliveries.
- Food goods should be ordered and stored as per food preservation regulations in refrigerators and freezers.
- Reduce wastage, make sure to rotate your stock.
- Production budgets, menu cards, and serving tips should all be updated.
Pastry Helper Skills and Qualification:
- High school diploma or GED
- More than 1 year of experience in similar filed
- Vocational education or a program in baking might be beneficial.
- Permit to handle food that has been approved by the state.
- Prior customer service expertise in a bakery setting is required
- Weighting, pricing, packing, and processing transactions for baked goods are all skills that must be mastered.
- Power to keep track of expiration dates and monitor ingredient inventory.
- A sharp eye for detail and the ability to present sweet treats in visually pleasing displays