Patients with physical, psychological, and cognitive limitations are helped by personal care providers. They must help with basic grooming and conduct basic cleaning responsibilities. They are dedicated to assisting those with physical disabilities. Compassion and honesty must be part of their job description. A personal care worker’s responsibilities include aiding patients with cleanliness and personal services, sustaining a clean and organized environment for best patient coziness by conducting a variety of tasks such as changing bedspreads, sanitizing, medical devices, and conducting basic tasks, collaborating with therapists to aid in prescribing medicine, verifying vitals, and tracking wellbeing, paying bills, and taking note of scheduling commitments.
Personal Care Worker Job Titles:
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Worker Job Summary:
We’re looking for personal care professional with a college diploma or at least a high school diploma. You’re outgoing, enthusiastic about helping people and looking for a career where you can contribute meaningfully every day. You support clients in their everyday routines as a PCA. This could include but is not confined to, aiding residents with basic hygiene requirements, delivering medicine reminders, and aiding seniors with home maintenance activities. If you believe you would be involved in a fulfilling medical career, this position is also a good place to start. You must have a strong desire to help people, the ability to operate as part of a team, and a professional attitude and demeanor. Complete the pre-employment background checks. Ability to pass a physical examination required for meaningful work at the facility. Pass the requisite training and guidance with flying colors.
Personal Care Worker Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring medication is administered on time
- Assisting clients with physical disabilities
- Assisting clients with daily activities
- Assisting clients with physical therapy exercises
- Planning and preparing a hearty diet
- Assisting clients with basic hygiene
- Assisting clients with buying stuff
- Performing housekeeping tasks
- Keep the environment clean
- Work with the physician and administrators
- Improve mobility, mental clarity, and social interaction by preparing diverse activities
- Deliver medical care in the case of emergency
- Give counseling and support
- Examine the health and well-being of patients and immediately notify the supervisor of any changes.
Personal Care Worker Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor degree or high school diploma
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in the similar field
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or get during training
- CPR credential must be active during job
- Should have tolerance, tact, cheery demeanor, and enthusiasm, as well as readiness to handle challenging patients
- Tact and attentiveness
- Familiarity with basic medical terms
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in providing personal grooming
- Ability to operate in a team and create high-quality results
- Able to work odd hours, such as nightshifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be familiar with post-acute treatment facility policies and processes, as well as the laws, rules, and standards that govern their operations.
- Must be ready to enact and comprehend the dept’s programs, goals, targets, rules, and processes.