Lobbies, bathrooms, and corridors are common features of many enterprises and commercial centers. To maintain these spaces hygienically, they engage public area attendants. The attendants are similar to janitors in that they care about client service. Their duties may be confined to particular areas of a company instead of the entire region. A public area attendant’s main objective is to maintain one or more outdoor locations safe and clean. They should take better care of threats, dirt, cleaning, sweeping, emptying cigarette butts and trash, wiping down panels, and other cleaning tasks. They should maintain all the entrances and restrooms tidy. They ought to be nice, truthful, and helpful, and they should be able to respond to visitor needs and concerns. High school graduation is required for the entry-level position. If an attendant has relevant experience, some firms will employ them without a diploma. They must be specifics and able to recognize safety issues and objects that require cleaning.
Public Area Attendant Job Titles:
- Public Are Attendant
- Public Area Assistant
Public Area Attendant Job Summary:
We’re looking for a public area attendant with at least 1 year of experience, and who has completed a college diploma. As a Public Area Attendant, you will be liable for the entrance and all open areas, ensuring that our visitors have a neat, pleasant environment and being a part of making their stay memorable. Friendly and caring nature, ability to foresee and focus attention on visitor needs, professionalism and inviting demeanor, great organizational abilities, and multitasking are among the qualities you must possess. Keeps the entrance and common spaces of the hotel clean and orderly. Visitors are served promptly and courteously. Inform housekeeping management, the maintenance team, if there is a problem with the equipment, if supplies are needed, or if the ground coating or upholstery is damaged. To improve communication and improve product knowledge, activities, and infrastructure, participates in all staff meetings in person. Kneeling, pulling, tugging, and carrying will be necessary regularly.
Public Area Attendant Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Keep rooms, corridors, and lobbies neat
- Clean, manage and organize hotel and function halls
- Vacuum the floor carpet every day
- Remove and organize trash cans as soon as the client leaves
- Polish interiors at all times
- Clean, sweep, and polish lifts
- Dust and shine metal surfaces
- Gather solid clothing from the floor
- Organize and clean cleaning carts
- Attend to all everyday routines in a restroom, elevator, back areas, and patio
- Clean, rearrange, and manage hotel property
Public Area Attendant Skills and Qualification:
- A diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Must have at least 2 years of related experience
- Should be able to perform the task
- Has to be able to work effectively
- Should have room service experience
- Must know relevant organizational practices
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and anonymity
- Must be able to read and understand English fluently
- Must be very trustable
- Work flexible schedules
- Consumer service skill
- Polite, well-organized, and professional
- Must be regular, dependable, and have good people skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities