Staff pharmacists’ responsibilities include administering prescription pharmaceuticals to patients and providing advice on how to use them properly. Their duties include monitoring patients’ prescriptions, offering healthy living counseling such as diet, stress reduction, and activity, administering vaccines, and performing health and wellbeing exams. They also oversee the work of trainee pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, educate other health professionals about suitable drug regimens for particular patients, and do some administrative duties. Customers receive thorough patient care from them, which includes handling and precisely distributing prescription orders, administrating immunizations, counseling clients about their health care and prescribed drugs needs, and sustaining confidential data, managed treatments, and proper documents. They cultivate strong and trusted relationship with colleagues and business associates, collaborates and works cross-functionally to achieve goals, and communicates with vigor and optimism to inspire, persuade, and encourage dedication and activity.
Staff Pharmacist Job Titles:
- Staff Pharmacist
Staff Pharmacist Job Summary:
We’re seeking a capable staff Pharmacist who can guarantee that medications are used safely and effectively. You will be part of the group that is dedicated to providing direct care to patients and wellness programs as a Pharmacist with our organization. You’ll help manage illnesses and conditions by controlling disease states, optimizing drug therapy, providing excellent patient-centered therapy, and helping with disease control. You will be responsible for actively providing clinical services, supervising pharmacy specialists, clerks, and pharmacy interns, upholding technical requirements such as performance measures, security, and adherence, and implementing company initiatives to enhance revenue. You must establish a focus and determination on talent development, foster an environment that allows everybody to deliver their best selves to task, empower affiliates and partners to act on behalf of the customer and the firm, and recognize others’ commitments and achievements regularly.
Staff Pharmacist Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review prescription orders and dispense drugs following pharmacy policies.
- Renew patients’ medicines as directed by their doctors.
- Advise patients about the proper use of medications, including dosages and delivery methods.
- Answer patient questions and concerns professionally.
- Assess inventory levels and purchase and stock drugs in the pharmacy as needed.
- In the database, keep clear and comprehensive patient medical information.
- Guide junior pharmacists and assess their work.
- As requested by the physician, provide pharmaceutical data, suggest drugs for patient therapy, and suggest alternative substitutes as appropriate.
- Regularly, oversee pharmacy professionals and interns.
- Make sure that the patient is accurate, prompt, pleasant, and quality service.
- Operate in conformity with local, state, and federal pharmacy regulations.
Staff Pharmacist Job Skills and Qualification:
- A degree in pharmacy or pharmacology is required
- More than 2 years of expertise in a similar role
- Must hold an active pharmacy license in the state(s) in which they practice, with all previously held licenses in great condition.
- Immunizer with a Certificate Ideal
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent computer skills and a practical understanding of word processing and system software.
- Capacity to work a range of shifts, including nights, weekends, and vacations
- The applicant must be able to read, analyze, and understand business magazines, published journals, testing methods, and federal regulations.
Staff Pharmacist Salary
Staff pharmacists typically earn a salary of $85,000 per year. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location. For example, staff pharmacists in California tend to earn more than those in other states. The highest-paid staff pharmacists usually have several years of experience and work in hospitals or large retail pharmacies.