Stockers are in charge of making sure that racks, bins, exhibits, warehouses, and aisles are correctly stocked so that customers can access and buy the items they want. Stockers work in retail and factory settings, accepting, unloading, and unpacking boxes, cartons, and boxes of bulk or consumer durables, and inspecting markings and data before transferring it to its proper location. Stockers are also in charge of notifying customers about offers and responding to client questions. Holds a clean, tidy, and member-ready region, unload goods and deliveries speedily, sorts and stocks items on racks and in the stockroom, aids colleagues as required all through the store, keeps an exact log sheet of daily movements, scans stockpile, and counts correctly, and participates with buyers and operators with a good outlook are just a few of the other responsibilities.
Stocker Job Titles:
- Stock Person
- Retail Stocker
Stocker Job Summary:
We’re searching for a motivated and outgoing stocker to receive merchandise for the shop and guarantee that it’s properly packed and priced. Stockers are also in charge of putting together appealing exhibits, telling clients about special discounts, and resolving inquiries about the inventory. You must be fairly fit and serve all clients concerning succeed as a stocker. A good stocker is well-versed in the store’s goods and offers, and can provide helpful messages to consumers to enhance their consumer experience.
Stocker Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily, perform basic stocking tasks such as collecting and placing goods in bins, crates, cabinets, racks, and freezers.
- Using manual jacks, lift trolleys, and other forms of transport, lift, handle, and transfer finished items, material, or commodities to other divisions.
- Load, unload, and transport large, bulky items.
- Keeping the workplace clean, tidy, and free of risks, and disposing of waste.
- Aid and assist clients in locating items and offering information.
- Follow all safety processes and policies, and urge your coworkers to do the same.
- Scan in products and match shipments to existing purchase requisition using the company’s inventory technology platform.
- Coordinate with the buying department to determine when items are lacking from delivery and to inform vendors about damaged items.
- Aid with the assembly of manufacturer promotional exhibits on the selling floor and thereafter the removal of the displays at the discretion of the management.
- Assist Order Pickers in ensuring that each wrapped order contains the correct quantity and type of goods.
- Examine the warehouse space for basic maintenance and undertake cleaning or basic repairs as required.
Stocker Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of expertise in a similar field
- The ability to perform simple mathematical computations is required.
- Proficiency to read and interpret simple English directions, short mail, and memos
- Capacity to carry and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical setting, as well as push and pull large loads up to 75 pounds.
- Capacity to kneel, squat, lift and reach when doing work responsibilities
- Make a professional impression.
- Friendly demeanor.
- A decent level of stamina.