A UPS driver’s primary task involves transporting freight through the designated routes and delivering them to the customers quickly and efficiently. The job is best for those who can work in a deadline-driven environment and who prefer performing more physical jobs. It is his duty to ensure the shipment reaches customers promptly and after delivery, the driver has to take a signature from the customer. The driver should maintain a clean driving record and should follow the traffic laws and company policies while driving a vehicle. The driver is required to adhere to a wide range of policies ensuring packages are delivered to the correct person. It is his duty to assist in loading and unloading packages following the company identification standard.
He has to keep logs up to date and ensure all information is recorded. He should be neatly dressed and should behave friendly to customers.
UPS Driver Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a responsible delivery driver who can work with other team members and build support that ensures customer service and satisfaction. The ideal candidate duties include delivery of packages, listing packages, and other related documents, accepting payment, exchanging check at the bank, purchasing office supplies and refreshment, front desk back up duties, maintaining and recording all repairs, oil change, and car wash. This is a physical fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying bulky packages. Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. He must be ready to work on different shifts and work days vary depending on various needs. Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and should wear company uniforms. A few other duties include making delivery to the customer job site, return undelivered material to the warehouse, create a positive company image while delivering packages to the customers directly.
UPS Driver Responsibilities and Duties:
- The driver should deliver packages in a timely manner within the city and other states
- Should possess excellent customer service skill and driving skill
- Must be able to drive standard and manual transmission truck
- Must have superb verbal communication and customer service skill
- Good organization and multi-tasking skill
- Able to follow standard procedures, regularly lift bulky packages, and maneuver packages unassisted
- Interested to work in a fast-paced, and physically demanding environment
- Ready to work with a team and comfortable working inside trailers, trucks and similar vehicle
UPS Driver Skills and Qualification:
- Require high school diploma/GED
- Valid driving license issued by the state
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Require special license to operate special vehicle
- Must be 21 years of age
- Physically fit enough to lift 50 pounds
- Great time management skill and communication skill
- Able to understand codes and fill the form appropriately
- Must have experience in a similar field
- Able to drive for longer period
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, highways, safety procedures, and transportation laws
- Must possess knowledge of shipping, receiving packages, company policies, and procedures
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work activities
UPS Driver Salary
A UPS Driver salary can vary greatly depending on the experience of an individual. A very experienced and skilled driver may earn more than $65,000 per year. However, a new driver may only make around $18,000 per year.