Pharmacy technicians are in charge of a wide range of tasks in the pharmacy. Patients who come into the pharmacy seeking support with their drug needs may find them preparing meds, filling medications, and improving customer service. At Walgreens, a pharmacy technician engages with patients and develops effective patient relations. They are in charge of supporting the pharmacist in his or her practice while being directly supervised. They assist the pharmacist in carrying out allocated pharmacy responsibilities in compliance with business rules and procedures. They are in charge of processing medications and obtaining patient and drug details through pharmacy facilities. Walgreens pharmacy staff provide excellent service to their consumers. For new pharmacy technicians, most firms will give on-the-job training. To operate in the business, a pharmacy technician must have an APhA accreditation. In the United States, licensure is the bare minimum for anyone practicing in a pharmacy.
Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Job Titles:
- Walgreens Pharmacy Technician
Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Job Summary:
We are looking to hire an experienced pharmacy technician who has enough expertise in the related field. Help in the practice of pharmacy under the guidance of the pharmacist, in line with state, federal, and organizational policies. The Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct is reviewed and followed. You must carry out the duties designated by the pharmacy supervisor, staff pharmacist, and store owner, which include entering patient and drug details into pharmacy processes, ensuring that data is entered properly, filling treatments by recovering, tallying, and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, validating that medicine is correct, and verifying for potential interactions. You must support pharmacists with organizing and workflow management. During all eligible medication distributing activities, strictly follows the Walgreen Co. policy on good faith administration.
Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilizing pharmacy systems, receives and processes prescriptions as well as patient and drug details.
- Helps and coaches pharmacy technicians in the administration of pharmacy systems, as well as cashiers in the functioning of pharmacy cash machines.
- Gives a one-of-a-kind, enjoyable, and memorable customer experience
- By welcoming patients and consumers and aiding them with goods and services, she keeps them engaged.
- To ensure a great consumer experience fixes any difficulties that consumers may have and responds to their queries.
- Establishes a strong bond with each consumer.
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, aids in pharmacy practice in line with federal regulations as well as corporate standards.
- Assists the pharmacist with scheduling and workflow management.
- Reports medication errors to the on-duty pharmacist right away, and follows the firm’s pharmacy error rules and processes, as well as the performance improvement program.
Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Job Skills and Qualification:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Certification from a pharmacy technician program
- It is necessary to be ready to work on flexible hours, such as weekends and evenings.
- Six months of retail experience is required.
- Pharmacy technicians must have good math abilities to effectively fill prescriptions, which includes weighing, counting, and weighing drugs.
- Excellent computer skills
- Should be PTCB certified and have expertise in stock control.